Careers at Samarinda
Samarinda’s purpose is to support local people and families to remain connected to their community.
Joining the ‘Samarinda family’ means being part of an industry leader, a not-for-profit organisation with more than 25 years of commitment to providing quality services to our community.
You can make a real difference – to your career, to your work-life balance and, most importantly to someone else’s life.
If you would like to be part of the supportive and dynamic Samarinda ‘family,’ offering ongoing training and generous salary packaging, please view our current vacancies by clicking on one of the links below.
Samarinda is a values driven organisation; we aim to ‘walk the talk’. Our values are:
- Family – a universal enduring value that is held dear to all stakeholders encouraging inclusiveness respecting, welcoming and celebrating differences
- Giving – making the world a better place, by sharing what we have with others, not just financial in nature but also time, skills, experience and unique qualities. The reward is in the giving.
- Partnership – fostering and developing our association in a spirit of cooperation with our colleagues, associates and services providers, in the industry.
- Innovation – we are continually striving to gain and apply knowledge to achieve additional value to our organisation and create a better and more effective environment for our stakeholders
Learning and Development
- Paid training and study leave
- Opportunities for professional and career development
- Extensive staff orientation and induction
- Service awards
- Employee recognition program
- Emphasis on promoting from within the organisation
- Employee surveys
- Equal employment opportunity including a pro-diversity approach and discrimination prevention
- Employee Assistance Program
Salary packaging is a tax concession provided to the not-for-profit charity sector that enables full time and part time staff to earn up to $18,200 per annum tax free in addition to the normal tax-free threshold.
Further information about this benefit can be obtained by contacting our salary packaging provider, Advantage Salary Packaging, on 1800 555 582. Or by clicking HERE.