Food Services Assistants
Samarinda is a leading and well respected not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne. We provide a range of services which include; residential aged care, home care, NDIS, day respite, delivered meals, social support and our Ashy op shop. Our vision is that every local individual and family deserves to remain connected, engaged and valued in the community they know and love.
We are seeking experienced, reliable and motivated Food Services Assistants for our 92 bed aged care residence, Samarinda Lodge located in Ashburton. We are a hard working and dedicated kitchen team who are passionate about providing a high standard of hospitality to make our residents feel like they are at ‘home’. The role is more than just serving good nutritious food, it’s about engaging with our residents to give them a superior dining experience and make them feel important and part of the Samarinda family.
Part time and casual positions available with day and evening shifts across a fortnightly roster. Shift times range from 7am-3pm, 4pm-7:30pm, 4pm-8:30pm. Immediate start is available. We can guarantee a permanent roster. Come join the Samarinda family!
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Food and drink preparation.
- Preparing meal trays/tables and serving meals with consideration for the residents individual needs, preferences and their dignity.
- Assisting with food plating which includes ensuring the presentation, quantity and temperature of food served is appropriately.
- Ensure dining area and kitchen are clean and well maintained.
- Operating within the food safety standards.
About you: The Essentials……
Our Food Services Assistants need to have the following:
- Relevant commercial kitchen experience.
- Experience in aged care, health care or similar environment.
- Food handling certificate.
- Bulk food preparation skills and experience.
- Knowledge of all areas of kitchen hygiene and food safety.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Have the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Team player with a friendly and welcoming demeanour.
- High standard of personal presentation, reliability and punctuality.
- Desire to make a real difference and work within the values of Samarinda.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to work for a well regarded NFP organisation that genuinely cares and is making an impact.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to helping others.
- Passionate, supportive and committed team environment.
- Comprehensive onboarding, induction, and learning and development program.
- Salary packaging options available for permanent employees to reduce amount of tax you pay.
- Health and wellbeing programs (including Employee Assistance program and immunisation).
- Reward and recognition program.
- Refer a friend recruitment incentives.
Position Description is available by clicking on this link: FSA
If you would like more information please contact the Human Resources Manager on 1300 591 464 or email email@example.com.
To apply for a FSA position at Samarinda, please complete ALL OF THE QUESTIONS in the form below, attach the required documents and then submit.