Personal Care Workers
Samarinda is a leading and well respected not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne. We provide a range of services which include; residential aged care, home care, NDIS, day respite, delivered meals, social support and our Ashy op shop. Our vision is that every local individual and family deserves to remain connected, engaged and valued in the community they know and love.
We are looking for reliable, suitably qualified and experienced Personal Care Workers with a friendly positive ‘can do attitude’ to join the team at Samarinda Lodge, home to 92 residents located in Ashburton.
Part time and casual positions available with a range of day, afternoon and night duty shifts Monday to Sunday across a fortnightly roster. Shift times: 7am-1pm, 7am-3pm, 3pm-9pm, 3pm-10:15pm, 4pm-10pm, 10pm-7:00am.
We can offer guaranteed hours with a permanent roster and a friendly supportive workplace. Come join the Samarinda family!
About you: The Essentials……
Samarinda is a leading and well respected not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne. We provide a range of services which include; residential aged care, home care, NDIS, Our Personal Care Workers need to have the following:
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care
- Minimum one year experience in residential aged care
- Clear verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide quality care and exceptional service
- Team player with a friendly, welcoming demeanor and engaging personality
- A high standard of personal presentation, reliability and punctuality
- Strong time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks while building great relationships
- An understanding of the needs of people living with dementia and other complex needs
- Respectful approach that supports people based on their choices
- Passion for enhancing the lives of older people and for working in aged care
- Desire to make a real difference and work within the values of Samarinda
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to work for a well regarded NFP organisation that genuinely cares and is making an impact.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to helping others.
- Passionate, supportive and committed team environment.
- Comprehensive onboarding, induction, and learning and development program.
- Salary packaging options available for permanent employees to reduce amount of tax you pay.
- Health and wellbeing programs (including Employee Assistance program and immunisation).
- Reward and recognition program.
- Refer a friend recruitment incentives.
Position Description is available by clicking on this link: PCA
If you would like more information please contact the Human Resources Manager on 0478 398 971 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a PCA position at Samarinda, please complete ALL OF THE QUESTIONS in the form below, attach the required documents and then submit.