Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses
Samarinda is a leading and well respected not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne. We provide a range of services which include; residential aged care, home care, NDIS, day respite, delivered meals, social support and our Ashy op shop. Our vision is that every local individual and family deserves to remain connected, engaged and valued in the community they know and love.
We are looking for Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses to join the team at Samarinda Lodge, home to 92 residents and located in Ashburton. Reporting to the Clinical Specialist Manager (Senior RN) these roles are the first point of contact for care staff and resident families regarding care and clinical support and expertise. Part time and casual positions available for day and afternoon shifts Monday to Sunday across a fortnightly roster. Shift times: 7am-3pm and 3pm-10pm. We can offer guaranteed hours with a permanent roster and a friendly supportive workplace. Come join the Samarinda family!
About you: The Essentials……
- Nursing experience within Australia in residential aged care
- Current AHPRA registration
- Passion for enhancing the lives of older people and for working in aged care
- Wounds care skills and experience
- Continence management experience
- Exposure to ACFI and accreditation requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Team player with a friendly, welcoming demeanor and engaging personality
- A high standard of personal presentation, reliability and punctuality
- Strong time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks while building great relationships
- An understanding of the needs of people living with dementia
- Respectful approach that supports people based on their choices
- Desire to make a real difference and work within the values of Samarinda
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to work for a well regarded NFP organisation that genuinely cares and is making an impact.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to helping others.
- Passionate, supportive and committed team environment.
- Comprehensive onboarding, induction, and learning and development program.
- Salary packaging options available for permanent employees to reduce amount of tax you pay.
- Health and wellbeing programs (including Employee Assistance program and immunisation).
- Reward and recognition program.
- Refer a friend recruitment incentives.
If you would like more information please contact the Human Resources Manager on 1300 591 464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a RN or EN position at Samarinda, please complete ALL OF THE QUESTIONS in the form below, attach the required documents and then submit.