Samarinda has a long standing history of partnering with volunteers in our community to provide a meaningful experience for our clients, customers, residents and our volunteers.
You may have seen that ‘Giving’ is one of Samarindas four values and one that is on display every day within our large and active volunteer team. We really value the contribution that our volunteers make by enriching the lives of those they come into contact with on a day to day basis as part of their roles.
The Samarinda ‘volunteer community’ is supportive and fun and we’re also told it’s a great place to meet new people and feel part of the community. Samarinda volunteers tell us they like volunteering at Samarinda because…
- “It’s great to be part of an organisation that values people – not only clients but each other as well.”
- “I know that when I give my time it makes a real difference in someone’s life”
- “The clients make me laugh – we have a great time together”
- “I chose Samarinda for my volunteering as I really like the culture and the huge range of opportunities
What types of volunteering roles are available at Samarinda?
Samarinda has a variety of roles where volunteers skills, experience and passions can be utilised, these include:
- Customer Service & Merchandising
- Activity Assistants
- Meals Delivery
- Kitchen Support
- General Administration
- Special projects and more!
Samarinda has a number of programs where volunteers can contribute, these include, The Ashy Op Shop, Social Support, Meals on Wheels, Elsie Salter House – Day Respite, Residential and our Home Care Program.
The volunteer program at Samarinda recognises and honours the volunteer experience by providing a program that is reflective of the National Standards of Volunteering
How can I become a Samarinda volunteer?
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 1300 591 464 and or alternatively send your enquiry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make a time to discuss volunteering opportunities at Samarinda.Download a brochure